Listowel Endurance Festival
LISTOWEL ENDURANCE FESTIVAL
Listowel has had its share of fantastic events down through the years; The Fleadh Ceoil, Listowel Races and Writers Week to name a few. Indeed North Kerry is well known as the literary capital of Ireland, but for one weekend this September, after all the horses have been put out to pasture, after all the poems written and songs sung, Listowel becomes the Endurance Racing capital of Ireland.
Four spectacular events for you to choose from —
* 24 Hour – This race will start at 6pm on Friday 22nd September and continue to 6pm on Saturday. Winners to be decided by whoever covers the most distance. To be considered a finisher athletes must reach at least 100km.
* 12 Hour – This race will start at 6am on Saturday 23rd September and continue to 6pm that evening. Winners to be decided by whoever covers the most distance. To be considered a finisher athletes must reach at least 60km.
* 6 Hour – This race will start at 12 Noon on Saturday 23rd September and will continue to 6pm that evening. Winners to be decided by whoever covers the most distance. To be considered a finisher athletes must reach at least 42.2km (marathon distance).
* 3 Hour – 7K Concept!!!! What is that you ask ?? This race will start at 3pm on the Saturday and finish at 6pm that evening. You must complete 7k within each hour. Your time will be recorded. Winner will be determined by whoever has the lowest accumulated time from the three 7k runs.
Do you have what it takes to take on the challenge of a lifetime and put yourself to the ultimate endurance test along the banks of the River Feale and the Garden or Europe?Buy Tickets
Additional information :
- Technical Top for all participants
- Quality Medal for all finishers
- Course officially measured
- Chip Timed by Myrunresults
- Fully lit course
- Music & Craic
Number collection and race start/finish located in Listowel town park.
This is a nonprofit event. Any monies left over will be donated to Kerry Crusaders who raise funds for kids with special needs.